Make a gift of publicly-traded securities to Russell Sage College and potentially save income tax and capital gains tax, too.
A gift of publicly-traded securities could be right for you if:
- You own publicly-traded securities that you have owned for at least one year.
- Some of these securities have increased in value since you bought them.
- Some of these securities may provide you with little or no income.
- You would like to make a gift to Russell Sage College.
How it works
- You transfer shares of one or more publicly-traded securities, such as stock, bonds, and mutual funds, to Sage.
- The two most common ways to give publicly-traded securities are to make an outright gift of your securities or to make a gift of your securities and receive payments for life.
- Most gifts of securities can be made by electronic transfer details of which are here.